Expert Testimony and Consultation
Let the JD2 experts help you when you have legal problems that require technical expertise.
When the circumstances arise, JD2’s experienced staff can provide expert consultation including file review, expert reports, depositions and expert testimony:
- Expert Fact Evaluations and Consultation
- Deposition Testimony
- Expert Reports
- Expert Witness Testimony
JD2 draws upon all its expertise and experience to provide expert consultation and testimony, especially in the area of storage tank management. JD2 also has vast knowledge of the historical aspects of storage tanks from both the regulatory and design standpoints. In the area of storage tank industry and regulatory practices, JD2 is able to establish the state-of-the-art and historical practices through review of the following sources of information on file at JD2, such as:
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) documents that relate to the petroleum industry and storage tanks dating back to 1913. Joyce A. Rizzo of JD2 has been on the NFPA Committee for Tank Leakage and Repair Safeguards since 1980 and chaired the committee for several years. This committee addresses two of the key NFPA codes that have been incorporated by reference by many states for the management of both underground and aboveground tanks.
- American Petroleum Institute (API) documents. Many of the documents relevant to aboveground tanks date back to the 1950s and 1960s and have been adopted by reference by the USEPA and many states in their regulations.
- Petroleum Equipment Institute (PEI) publications that date back to 1951 which followed the industry very closely and disclosed any relevant events that were occurring. The PEI recommended practices have been adopted by reference by the USEPA and many states in their regulations.
- State and local regulations that were in place as far back as the late 1970s (prior to the regulations for underground storage tanks established by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA)). In addition, by providing technical support to agency committees in the 1980s, Joyce A. Rizzo of JD2 personnel have first-hand knowledge of practices starting in the 1970s, which includes some materials that date back prior to 1970s; JD2’s files include some of this information, as well as references back to other documentation that may be obtained. JD2 personnel also have experience in the petroleum industry, in the area of refinery operations, bulk plants, terminals and service stations which include both above- and underground tanks.